Friday, May 25, 2012

DVD Coloring Case

I saw this brilliant idea on THIS blog, Handmade by Stacy, and knew that I must give it a try. We like to store all our DVDs in a folder with plastic protector sleeves so that they are are all in once place, so that leaves us with a ton of empty cases, thus this project seeming all the more appealing.

 We love all the Toy Story movies, (and actually have all of them, so I used some of the pictures from the movie covers for this cover), so I thought I would make this coloring case along that sort of theme.
 As Stacy shows it, you first need to cut out the circle part. I didn't have a fancy plastic mat to protect the outer plastic sleeve of the case, so I just used cardboard, but still needed to be a little extra careful that I didn't cut through that too.
 Finally got it all cut out
 Then I cut cardboard and glued it on the insides, I used old cereal and cracker boxes, and made them the above dimensions
 Then I used regular construction paper, and glued the little Toy Story cut outs to it, I made it the above dimensions
 And slide it in.
For the left side I just googled Disney print-ables and came across a few, made sure they fit the dimensions, printed, laminated, and it is set to go! For the right side, I just got some scrap material I had laying around, and hot glued it all together (can you tell that my crayon pocket is an old shirt cuff?) Then my favorite about these coloring pages and such is that I used Dry Erase Crayons, so that the same pictures can be colored over and over again. I bought them on Amazon Here, but I have recently seem them at Walmart (even our Non-Super Walmart) and it is much cheaper mostly because you don't have to pay shipping! I love these crayons because I never have to worry about them drying out, and they come off pretty easy!

Now I can't wait to start making lots of other goods with these cases, my creativity streaks are just bubbling with excitment for the next ones!

So there you have it! Hope you have a great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!