Tuesday, March 13, 2012

T-shirt to Dress

Due to the recent disappearance of my camera (which did FINALLY show up as well, it just took a few weeks :) and a mix of my absent mindedness, there aren't very good "before" pictures of this process, I really wish I would have taken some, but oh well, you win some, you loose some.

I got this shirt at a clothing exchange (so for free!! YEAH!!). I didn't feel like trying it on at the event, and upon returning home and trying stuff on, I soon realized that this one (along with many others, which will also become new dresses), didn't fit me to my liking, so they will now become to my better likings by being adorable little dresses for my girl.

I loved the designs and styles on this shirt, so it ended up a little long, so I could still keep the fun grey strip on the bottom. All I did for this was measure how much I needed to take in the sides, and sewed away, and cut excess, it was pretty cake, like crumb cake!
This shirt also came with strings to tie in the back, so I re-sewed them in as I took in the sides. Then I also did a little Velcro button on the top to take the neck in a little at the top so she wouldn't have a pludging neck line :)
I think we have a winner if I don't say so myself! And I guess the plus at this dress being so long, and a little roomy on the sides to have the tie in the back is she will hopefully fit this for a much longer time!

Well that is all for today's sharing! As you maybe have remembered I am fast approaching a 100th Venture, so to celebrate I decided to do another give-away! After much contemplation. . . . .I am still deciding on what it will be, but I will let you know as soon as I figure it out, and whatever it will be, just know it will be good!! :)

Thanks again for stopping by!

Until next time!!

6 comments:

  1. It's so cute Whitney! I never would have guessed that you made it from a shirt! It looks perfect and so adorable on Addie! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is super cute! Nice job!!
    I can help with the giveaway...we can browse Pinterest for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so fun, you are very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! you can also go the other way whena dress becomes too small just turn it into a shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you had a pic of before cuz it looks like it would've been a cute shirt too... it looks good tho good job

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!