Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A whole new direction, sort of

As maybe some of you have noticed, I have given this blog a whole new look, and with that new look, I am sort of going to go with a new different direction. I still will share the usual fun crafty creating sort of stuff that I have been sharing, but I also wanted this blog to be something more than that. I wanted it to be more all inclusive, pretty much where I can share it all, whatever my "all" may be.

Then you maybe have noticed I totally revamped the title too. Well let me explain. A few years back when I was in college I took a Humanities course called "the Heroic Journey". I loved this class, and it is actually one of the few classes I still remember and still enjoy a lot of the things taught from it (with double time pregnancy brain, there is a lot of things I don't remember from my college days anymore, so if I remember anything, it's gotta be good, right?). The main idea of the class was taking regular stories and find the heroic journey that is embedded into them, taking the simple characters, and watching them overcome their greatest struggles, and their greatest fears. We all might be regular people living regular lives, but we all have a quest, a journey that we go through, even if it is something simple as making through one day at time.

So here is my quest, my "heroic journey," to be the person I hope God intends me to be. My quest to overcome my insecurities, my faults, my many daily and countless endless failures and fears. To find the good that has been placed in my life and enjoy it in every way possible. And maybe someday, my life will be worth remembering, be worth recognizing as a "heroic journey."

So long story short, here is the new me, or the new blog. Come join with me on my quests whether they be spiritual, emotional, physical, parental, or creative. And hopefully I won't bore you too much in the whole process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!