Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Headband/Hair-tie holder



 Ok...I'm blog-deficient, and can't get the top picture to move down.

So...I found this idea on Pinterest and LOVED it! First I found a great candle holder at Wal-mart (see above).  Then I had the kids eat a bunch of oatmeal so I could use this container pictured below. (It was mostly oatmeal cookies rather than oatmeal breakfasts.)





 Here is my pad of scrapbook paper. I found a neutral-ish one that I like and covered the oatmeal container. I was unsure about the height of can, I thought it was too tall, but once it was done I liked it. But if you want a shorter one, I think you could cut the can down (it is cardboard); although I would be worried about the lid still fitting...so if you have an extra can you could give it a try.  I used Modge Podge to glue the scrapbook paper on and then I used it on the outside to make the container somewhat waterproof.  Then you glue the oatmeal can onto the candle stick. I used super glue, but it has already fallen off, so I wouldn't recommend that. And I'm lazy enough that I haven't put it back on, but using a glue gun or something might work.



Here is the finished product, complete with headbands. Make sure you have a can big enough to hold headbands. They make smaller cans of oatmeal, but they are not just shorter, they are skinnier, so the headbands don't stay on. So, the headbands go on the outside and the hair-ties and ribbons and such and possibly even the brush can go in the inside. Cute and simple.


















1 comment:

  1. Way cute!! My girls can never find their headbands... maybe I should try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!