Monday, February 27, 2012

Pinto Bean Fudge

Sorry for not getting this post in last week, my spurts of getting things done can be so random and unpredictable sometimes. I really need to manage my time better, the venture of my life.
But here we have a wonderful yummy recipe. As you may have noticed from the title it is Bean Fudge. Yep that's right. Sounds weird, I know, believe me, I know. But you can't taste the beans at all, just simply yummy goodness. I got this recipe from this recipe book below:
A lovely book we got as a wedding gift. And now to the recipe. And again, if you know my usual routine, I put in the actual recipe word for word, but then like to add my own little two cents, which will be, as always, in purple coloring.
Pinto Bean Fudge (Dip)
(I usually double the recipe every time I make it, mostly because I don't like just using 1 cup of beans)
1 Cup Pinto Beans (cooked)(sometimes I throw in other beans like black or white beans too, but whatever I add in, I always make sure it is still the 1 cup (or 2 for doubling)
1/4 c Milk
1/4 c Butter
1/2 c Cocoa powder
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 c powdered Sugar 
In a blender, puree cooked beans and milk until creamy. Melt butter in a small sauce pan. Stir in cocoa until well blended. Add whipped beans and vanilla and stir. Gradually stir in enough powdered sugar to make a thick, creamy mixture. Spread in a buttered pan. Chill 1-2 hours. (This recipe is a little on the vague side, and I am not sure if they meant it to be an actual solid like fudge, but every time I've made this, which is several times, I can't seem to get it to firm up like your normal fudge, so that's why I inserted my "dip" at the title, because that's what we end using it for, but either way, it is still very yummy! Please let me know if you ever try it and can get it to "firm" up! :)
I would think it would go well with any kind of cracker that isn't flavored too strongly in the salty cheesy sort of category. Pictured here I dipped with a graham cracker I made, which are also so yummy, which yes, it's your your lucky week...I will share more on it towards the end of this week too, Yahoo!

But even more tastier, and probably even healthier, it is an amazing dip for fruit, especially ones like strawberries or apples (like seen above).

I know I probably say each food I share is so yummy and one of my all time favorites, but this one really is up that category for me!

Anyway, hope you enjoy and have a superbly wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by and until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to pass on this one...it sounds a little much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun and I can't wait until you bring me some :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!