Friday, December 2, 2011

Touchy Feel Book

As promised I will now show you the full workings of the little book I put together for my hubby and little girl for their joint birthday celebrations. Here is the book:
The front, Wall-ah!

To get the wording on the material, I used freezer paper, glued it to a regular sized paper that would fit in my printer, then I ironed on the material to the freezer paper to hold it in place, and then printed away. . .
Because I decided to make it a soft flannel book, the ink smeared a little as it came out, but non- fuzzy type material shouldn't smear, if you decide to try something like this.
Then I sewed it into making a little cover for the book. Then the inside was a blank board book that I got from THIS website, I LOVE LOVE these books! And I think it is about time for me to order some more, I just can't enough of them!


Now for the inside, I have been feeling a little lazy today, so I am sorry for the pictures being the wrong direction, I just wasn't in the mood to rotate them, sorry!
In case you can't read it, or don't want to look sideways, it reads as follows:
"Are you my daddy? Your neck is too tall, you stand on four legs and you have spots all over...No, you must be a giraffe!" And then I super glued foam spotted squares.
 "Are you my daddy? Your arms are too short, you have big ears and a little tail behind you...No, you must be a mouse." Then I put foam on the ear and tail.
 "Are you my daddy? Your face is too round, you have a big belly, and your nose is a snout...No, you must be a pig!" I put foam on the nose of the pig.
"Are you my Daddy? You are too long and skinny, you have a long silly tongue and no arms or legs...No, you must be a snake! Then I put foam for the snake's tongue.

"Are you my daddy? You're ears are too pointy, your face is too long, and you have a long flowing tail just like my hair...No, you must be a horse! Then I glued soft yarn for the tails.

"Are you my daddy? Your teeth are too large, your feet are too stumpy, and your mouth too big...No, you must be a hippopotamus!" Then I put foam for the mouth.
"Are you my Daddy? Your back is too pokie, you walk on all four legs and you are just too little...No, you must be a porcupine! For this one I made little flaps of tap on the needle area of the porcupine, to give it texture, I wasn't sure how else to add "touchy feely" to this page :)
"Are you my Daddy? Your nails are too scratchy, your outsides are too soft, and you have long whiskers on your face...No, you must be a cat! Then I glued some soft fuzzy fur onto the cats.
"Are you my Daddy? No! You are too much like my Mommy!"

"That's my DADDY! His love is just right, and his hugs so tight. His loving hare is always near, he brings me peace, not fear. No Daddy matches me better than mine, yep, that's right,
That's my Daddy!"


And they both love it! I love making specialized personal books for my family! So much fun!
Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Next week I will show more details of how I made Addie's pillow pet from a regular teddy bear (and if you look closely, it is actually the bear in the background of this last picture!) And if I have time then next week I might also share all our Christmas decoration goodies! I love this time of year, it's SO fun to go crazy with the decorations! :)
Until next time!!
-Whitney

1 comment:

Pin It!