Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Birthday Blis!

My handsome hubby had his birthday for the year, so here are some goods I put together for him on this blessed occasion. Since my little girl's birthday is exactly a month apart from my hubby, and we were greatly honored to have the presence of his parents for the weekend too, we did a party for the both of them!
 Michael's parents brought his childhood Legos as an early treat so we can play with them now, and then Addie can join us when she isn't in the "put EVERYTHING in her mouth" stage. So with a little bit of a Lego theme, I made Lego shaped cakes! I know, I know they look horrible, and well...just WEIRD looking, but like they say, practice makes perfect, and I still need lots of practice in the cake realm! I heard that marsh mellows work really great for the top, but I didn't feel like running to the store at the time, so I just used some extra part of the cake, so they turned out super weird, I know. Then to accommodate my mother-in-law's health, and trying to not give my little girl too much sugar, too early in her life, I use the carrot cake recipe and sugar free cream cheese frosting recipe from THIS website. The only added "sweetener" was from applesauce and apple juice, and it turned out pretty yummy if I don't say so myself! :)
 Then my poor hubby had to work on his actual birthday, so I made him these fun little "time passer" cards. I made a card for every hour that he would be at work, and at that hour he could read another card, on the back I put cheesy birthday jokes or facts, or something I adore about him. It was a fun way to let him know I am still thinking about him on his special day, even if it had to be spent mostly at work.
 And of course I mustin forget the decorations! And we had to get a helium balloon for Addie, EVERY TIME we go to the store and she sees those floating up above she will laugh or smile or try and reach for them, so it was very fitting to get!
 Then for a fun, memory capturing present, I put together the hand picture. The easiest sentimental present I've ever made. I just got my little girls hand and put mine on top of our scanner, and pressed "copy" and wall-ah! Any easy picture that captured my little girl's hand, the hardest part was making sure she didn't move too much. I saw this brilliant idea in my pinetrest scanning one day and couldn't resist trying it out, and this was probably my husband's favorite gift by far!
 Then I got him some olive oil for giving blessings, he was getting low on his supply.
 The poor guy keeps trying to wear shorts to bed for pajamas, and it is FREEZING at night, so I got him some long PJ pants!
 Then also repaired his camel pack bag upon his request as a birthday gift,
 Along with repairing his messenger bag, he was excited to have them all ready for school soon!
 Then he got an atomic watch from his parents and. . .
 A fun little armor statue thing for the "Whole Armor of God" parable, also from his parents.
 Then my real work of birthday preparations was put to the test in making this little book, which I will share in more detail in my next post. This was sort of a joint present, a fun book that he can read to little Addie, and it is a "touchy feely" book, which she LOVES!

 Then for Addie's presents, we got her this fun bike/walking scooter thing, she loves being able to get around the house even more effectially than just wall and couch surfing!
 And of course I had to put all the presents in a big fun box, cuz boxes are always so fun to be in!
 Then Michael's parents got her this fun little doll house that makes sound effects for the door bell, telephone, bath tube, washing machine, and of course the toilet!
 Michael also got her this fun toy lion from work for free (yeah!), it makes fun sound effects too! Then I also made her a pillow pet, seen above, which I will also share details on in a near future post!

It was a great fun day, celebrating my two most favorite people in the whole world! I am so blessed to have such gems in my life!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Since I didn't post last week due to Thanksgiving busy-ness, I will post twice this week, lucky you! :)

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the hourly notes! What a good idea!
    Looks like fun all around! I like the copy of your hands too!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!