Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fall stuff

I know the feel and sort of "idea" of Fall is fast becoming behind us and is moving very much closer to a more Winter/Christmas feel (especially here with all our lovely snow), but I have finally finished all my "Fall Decor" that I wanted to make this year, just in time to start making my Winter decorations, which I am super excited to get cracking on. But of course won't actually put any of it up until at least AFTER Thanksgiving. There is a time and a place for things, and I am one for strongly believing that holidays/seasons fit into those categories. Speaking of, I saw these two pictures on Facebook, and I just had to share:


So, there. I have officially finished my Fall decor just in time to change it here in a few weeks, but oh well, at least I have something going up my sleeves for next fall!

Ok, enough chatter, on to what I actually came here to show you. . . .

 Remember how I put up this material on my bulletin board?
 And then put some of the same material in a picture frame as a background for my little tree?

 And then used some of the same material to make pillow covers for my window bench?


Well, to finish it all off, I made. . . .


 Some more matching pillow covers for one couch (have I mentioned I like to be matchy matchy?), and finally, last but not least.. . .

Used my last remaining scraps and put together a little "throw" sort of thing with the matching "fall village" material, and threw in some other fall colors I had around. Then on the reverse side I made it "Christmas" like, so in a few weeks I can just flip it over. And then if we get really bored/ambitious, we might do "Turkey Hand prints" on the blank tan squares, just for fun!

Now I am set and ready for a fun a haul of making random winter decorations on the side. I have also been working on some fun books for my little girl along with some toys, which I will be sure to share soon!

My hubby's birthday is tomorrow, a whoppin 24! And for safety of trying to keep his presents a secret from him, I will show you what I made him for next weeks posts, I already struggle keeping gift secrets from him, I probably shouldn't make it harder on myself, just in case he would randomly look here before then.

So keep in touch for some fun new things ahead, I can tell you are already excited to come back, right?? :)

Well thanks for stopping by, and until next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute!! I love the crafts! I can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!