Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sun UP Saturday!

It is that lovely time of the month that I get to indulge you with my lovely deeper sort of thoughts on this lovely Saturday, and if you are living in a place like here in Rexburg, a little bit of "sunny" reading would be nice amongst the gloomy atmosphere outside.

Okay, besides all that, let's get to the topic.

If you haven't been aware or noticed, this lovely month of November is officially Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month. As much as I'd like to be a more observant well rounded sort of person and give better notice to these awareness sort of things, I am just not so good at it all (but I am trying! :). But this particular month's awareness, and this particular cancer will always stick out to me. If you know me well enough, or have read my blog long enough, it would be obvious why, but for those of you who it doesn't ring an immediate bell, keep reading on.

I know that God has a plan for all of us. I know that if we live the best we can in trying to be the kind of good person God hopes us to be we have the blessing of being on earth as long as we are meant to be, that we will not be taken from this life before our time is done. With this idea in mind, I think we also need a healthy balance in taking care of our bodies while we are here, including spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. I think when we give our best efforts as much as our personal situations will allow, we give our bodies that much more of our best shot at living out the lives God intends us to give.

But then at times in life, despite our best efforts we still loose ones that we love, and they go home to greet our all loving God. It is then His end of the deal kicks in, if it is their time, it is their time. Come this January 8th, seven years ago it was that time for my lovely Momma to go home. It is hard not to think about it all, over and over in my head, wondering if there was more that could have been done to keep her here longer, but at the same time I know that this was how God planned it out to be for her, and for my family.






 She is the best Momma I could ever have. There isn't a day that goes by I don't miss her, or think about her. That I don't wish I could call her, or wish that she could come see my baby girl and hold and play with her and give her all those lovely grandma lovins I know she'd give. But as much as the longing hurts, I know this is how things were supposed to be.
Purple is the color for Pancreatic Awareness. I like to wear in reverance and respect for my Momma, but also hope for those out there that are still fighting the good fight. As much as I know that there wasn't much else that could be done to save my Momma, I know that there is ways that others could be helped. We've been blessed with great technology and there are great advances for a reason. I think some cures our found for certain diseases at different times for different reasons. Maybe there wasn't supposed to be a cure for pancreatic cancer when my own Momma died from it, cuz that was just how she was supposed to go. But finding a cure for others could be the blessing that someone other victim needs in their life, that will give them that much more time on earth that they are supposed to live. Right now Pancreatic cancer is in very low rates of survivals, maybe my numbers are a little off, but I think it is around the 3% survival rate. That's not a very promising number, but with more dedicated work in research and a boost in funding and awareness I know those numbers can change and for the better. Maybe there are people that will get this cancer, but are meant to learn from it, grow from it, and eventually be a survivor of it. I would have loved it if my own Mother could have survived it too, but that wasn't the case, it just wasnt her time.

So where am I getting with all this? My mom didn't survive it, but maybe others can. And maybe we can help others survive too. Whether we reach out and help others in simple helpful ways, or maybe we can denote to help add to the research for that much more of a hope for other future survivors. PAN CAN is a Pancreatic Cancer Awarness group that helps raise money, or goes to congressmen to help get more fundings for the research. It could be that much of difference in helping those we love be on earth with us that much longer, if that is what God intends for them. We never can fully know the hand of cards that God will lend us for this life, but it doesn't hurt to try and make the most of it all, to bless others through it all. 

On a similar giving note. If you can't donate your time or maybe even some money, you could help donate some of yourself. If you are in the area of Rexburg, there is a great opportunity come Dec 1, where you can sign up to be a registered donor for bone marrow. And even if you aren't in the area, you can still order a kit and sign up that way. Here is the facebook link for it if you are interested Bone Marrow Donation Event.

We are in such a unique day and age where we can give and help others in such wonderful ways that could have never been possible just a 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago. I know we can't stop God's work, or God's ways that are already established, but that doesn't mean we can't still try to help serve and help others, and who knows, maybe us serving and helping others is His way, His plan for things to roll forward the way they need to. So let's leave our mark, whether we donate to help others, or just be that blessing that someone needs by our simple acts and kind deeds. Our opportunties are endless, so lets make a difference. If I could be that blessing to allow someone to have their Momma, I would do it, there's nothing like not having your Momma.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Saturday and rest of your lovely Novemeber. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!