Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beauitful World of Cardboard Part I

I love cardboard. There are so many wonderful things that can be done with it. In some ways it has turned me into a little cardboard hoarder, in the idea that I will be able to make something with it, which isn't too bad, because usually I do find something. Here are few goods that have come up recently. Enjoy.


I don't know if you are like our little family, but we love to stock up on canned foods! As great as they are though, there is a down side of finding a way to store them all. So here are a few nice ways.
 In kind considerations of my lovely sister, April, she gave me her empty 12 pack soda can boxes, they are a great way to store canned foods, and if you want them to be rotated by date, you can cut a hole in the back and put the new ones there so the old ones are always in front.
 Although the only down side, is they don't always fit all kinds of cans, they should make a uniform can size. These soda can boxes are best for "Cream of" whatever cans, and can still fit two rows worth, otherwise, many other cans are too fat and can only fit one row worth. Either way it still works nice!
 Then in my browsing on pintrest, I found on THIS website, the great idea of using a magazine holder to rotate or store cans. Then in a little more browsing I saw on THIS website, to use cereal boxes as a magazine holder, so I thought "hey! Why not forgo the buying of magazine thingies and just use what I got!" so Here we have it. Although I don't know if I would entirely call these official "rotators" since the old ones won't be in front. But it can at least store a bunch in one area. And one other down side, is it also only holds certain sizes as you can see. Here I have the small tomato sauce cans, and two rows of tuna cans. It's been so nice to fit more in one spot!
 Then aside from can storing, here is a little fun with regular organizing. As an end of the semester treat last year we splurged and bought a 6 pack of bottled cream soda! And after we were done, I had this great epiphany of an idea.
 This is probably by far one of my most favorite ideas. Over several months, it is still to this day nice and organized, that means it is a real winner! Oh and a little side note, I did add a layer of cardboard and hot glue on the bottom to make it more durable and last longer, so far so Great!
 Then in my multiplying stash of cloth material, I organized my material into boxes by color, or by designs, or finished projects (or close to finished) or my old clothes ready to be something new, etc. Then I labeled on the outside with scrap papers (maybe someday I will make it cute and pretty). So far this has also been an amazing life saver in organizing. Before this I just had piles stashed and thrown in the closet and it was crazy, it almost made me never want to sew because it was so hard to find stuff. Now I am in heaven!
And last but not least, our office supply "junk" drawer. It was always cluttered, so I got old cereal boxes, cracker boxes, all the sorts, cut them to the height of the drawer so they would fit, and then put items in the different sections that best belonged together, for example, there is a "glue" box, a "scissor" box, "stamps", etc. This has also been wonderful.

The best part about all these jewels is there is now extra purchases necessary, you can just use what you have!

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!