Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DYI Shape Matcher

In my attempts to help sharpen my little girl's noggin I wanted to put together a shape matcher. I didn't really car to spend the X amount of money for those little box/shape sort of toys, so I put together my own resources to come up with her own and it goes like so.
I used one of her old formula cans, but you could do any sort of can, #10, old yogurt, any of the sorts would work great I am sure.
Then I put the blocks I wanted to use on top of the lid so I could trace where to cut
Then using our box cutter I cut out the shapes, be careful if you try this, those things can be sneaky dangerous!
And Wall-ah! Simple as that, my little girl has a shape hole matcher toy thing now too. And maybe in some random future free time, I will decorate it or something, but that will probably be a long way down the road.
And the best part is it is definitely giving her the challenge she needs! I love watching this little kid try and figure things out, she is a smarty!

And that's all for today! Join me again later this week for a yummy treat! And on sad notes, my little girl has lost my camera (she is the master misplacer!), so there are many goods of my creations that aren't being documented, luckily I have some old projects I can share in the meantime or I might have to divulge into using my not so very good quality camera on my phone and hopefully it turns up soon! Okay, that's all my sorrowing for now, hope you have a wonderful day!

Until next time!. . . .

2 comments:

  1. I think I might have already told you this, but I am so taking this idea and making one with those big ice cream containers for our little boy when he gets old enough since Sadie is already past that stage! I am also going to make Orin make him some different shaped blocks since all we have is abc square blocks. :)
    Love it! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!