Monday, October 31, 2011

Let's have a Ball!

I love the fall time. I am not sure the reasons for it, but there is just such a special feeling about it. Going off these fun special feelings, our family is starting a fun new tradition.
We were discussing it over on how fun it would be to have our own family annual ball. And what a better time to do it than the fall!

I think the idea of this whole Ball idea clicked for us based on our very first date together way back in high school (it was for a school dance...nonetheless in the fall!)
Then we had our own special dance at our wedding (almost in the fall...)
Then our first full year here at school we went to a Mascaraed Ball, and yes, it was in the Fall!!
Back when I was big and preggo!
With lots of fun decorations!...

So since we have a history with dancing in the fall, and now with a little kiddo (so its harder to get out), we thought it would be fun to make an official family tradition but at home! So here is this years First Jacob Fall Ball in action. . .
This year I actually made it as a surprise, or at least the decorations part, so I timed a decoration run while he was at work, for how long it would take me to put it all together, so for the real night I would know how long I would need while I had Michael run to the store and get something....then SURPRISE! (and it only took me like 7 minutes to whip it all together. . .not bad eh?)
Then here is the decorations of the actual night. ..
You can't have a Ball without a disco ball! I made this by making a paper mache balloon, let it dry, then I wrapped it/glued tin foil on, then I cut up old CDs and glued them on, Wall-ah! A lovely disco ball we can now use for other future balls too!
Then I spread our lovely dance floor with fake rose petals that I got for a $1 at the dollar store, and cut out with construction paper flowers and hearts


Then to have some more fun in reminiscing of our past, since we had a carriage at our wedding. . . .
I made a little carriage as part of the decorations and we also looked at the book Michael made to propose to me with inside our carriage. All I did for this was get large white poster board, cut them out like wheels, then I put our big exercising ball on our dinning table and threw a fitted sheet over the top to hold the ball in place and to give it a fun rounded sort of look. . . .
What do you think? I also thumb tacked sheets to the ceiling to give some fun draping looks (I know its a little cheesy, but that's why its at home for just our family :)
Then remember our little bench? I took off the leaves from my fall decorations and Velcroed hearts to it, then I also tapped stars to the leaves I hung.
Then also at the dollar store I found this lovely plastic glass set and little miniature Sparkling Cider (which worked great since I really don't like soda type stuff, this little thing was the perfect size!)
Then I displayed our lovely crowns, from our wedding, and we wore them later for fun!
I also made us little white sign things. . . . I can't think of what they are called, but you know, the things Miss America wears, well I made some for us too, just for fun! :)

It was "Royally" a fun night! This year Addie didn't join us for our Fall Ball cuz I think she is too little to enjoy and she was in bed, but come next year and on, this won't just be a fun date night, it will become a family event!

Anyway, so there you have it! Sorry for not posting this last week, it got a little busy trying to cram on finishing our costumes. .. which I finally finished! And will also share those with you this week too! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Pin It!