Monday, May 16, 2011

Hair Cut Round II

On this lovely "Money Saving Monday" I thought I would share a venture with you that I actually did this very morning.

Way back in Venture #6 my lovely husband gave me a much needed trim to make me feel all new and purtty for getting ready for the baby to come. I loved how it turned out when he did it, and it worked great for the time being. But time has passed, several months have rolled by, summer is approaching and nothing says "Hello and Welcome Summer!!" better than a fresh new hair cut to feel all light and fresh for the warmth outside! I would have had my husband cut my hair again, but he is lots busier this time of year, and well to put it in short terms- I am not always that patient, especially when it comes to doing something I want to do, right when I want to do it!

So I browsed through different pictures and different styles online, but honestly the one look that kept coming to mind was one I actually had myself several years ago back in the young single college days:
Wow- and I used to be super blond too! :)
 I had this do before and I loved it, and it is time to bring it back! Granted, my lovely cousin Ashley, who is an official AMAZING cosmetologist did this last do- I knew it would be a little tricky to go for it again (if we lived in AZ again, I would have totally got her to do it again!), especially since I am no professional, and doing it on myself- but I am cheap one, so my skills will have to do! (plus with my little girl I think it would have been impossible to have gone to a salon).

So first things first, gotta have some before pictures:
Shortly after waking up, ya I know a little scary :)


Here's a little nicer before picture, since most times the before is a crumby picture- it was nice long, but I needed a change!
I have been thinking about wanting a good chop for a while, especially since I've been seeing friends and such get super cute cuts too, hair cutting is contagious,  I don't know why, but it is- so hopefully you wont catch it too- unless you want it :) (maybe that's what makes it contagious is we all want it, but seeing our friends do it gives us that little extra courage to actually go through with it!).

So here I went, if I would have waited any longer I might have chickened out- but I chopped away!
Still taking it in what I had just done!
Then to trim the bangs:
And then to thin and style a little (sounds a little crazy I know, but I thinned/textured it with a eyebrow trimming razor)
Now for some random different pictures of how it all turned out!

Had to change shirts cuz the other one was getting SUPER itchy

And I can still do an "half-up do", which is my husband's favorite look on me, plus its nice to still have the freedom to get it out of my face

A brief glace at the back- sorry I couldn't get a better shot, it is a little tricky to do backward pictures!
And there you have it! It feels great! Light and fresh and all ready for this summer (now it just needs to actually act like summer and stay that way for a couple of months!!). I know it doesn't look a ton like the picture earlier from my cousin's mad skills- but this will do for what I got to work with, and I love it!

So long story short- I just cashed myself some good mu la because 1) didn't have to go to a salon 2) didn't have to pay for a babysitter for me to go to the salon! And it was great to be able to do it on my own time frame (or more like my little girls napping time frame) and I didn't have to go anywhere for it!

So yeah for saving money, and yeah for welcoming the summer with a new hair cut! Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Until next time!....

2 comments:

  1. nice job! but for future reference, I do house calls, lol! especially around naptimes, that the best time to do hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're still in Rexburg, Evans beauty college does a GREAT job for 5 or 6 dollars. I used to cut my hair, but it takes too long and my arms get tired!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!