Monday, May 9, 2011

Little Fairy Girls!

Today's "Money Making, Money Saving Monday!" feature is something my sister shared with me that I will now share with you! I think these little things are so adorable and from what I hear the girls love them too! Direct from April Hoyt's blog (sorry, it's private, otherwise I would just let you go look yourself :)

"It was a lot of fun and they are SO easy. Time consuming, but easy! The only sewing is the elastic band, then the tulle is tied on the band."

She also said that it would probably cost around $6 to make, unless you have fun tulle scraps around the house, then it would be lots cheaper, and probably more colorful! Now to show you some pictures of how the cute things turned out!
My sister made these darling skirts for her girls for Easter Sunday, for them to wear to church

See, they are already having fun with them, such pretty girls!

Not only were they able to wear them for their Easter skirts, but I can easily see them being used as fun "princess playing" sort of skirts. If these girls are anything like me when I was a little lad I loved to do dress up all day- especially in the cute, pretty, fairy like stuff! So you know your work would go a long way in making them something fun like this! Plus, since it is tulle, the cost part could be fairly cheaper than regular material, and it would be really easy to buy this in bulk, thus giving you lots of different skirts (especially if they REALLY wear it out). I have also recently discovered that eBay is a great place for getting material, here is the list that I got for typing in "Tulle Fabric", to see the list, you can click HERE.

I could also seeing these cute little skirts being fun to use for baby photo shots for the younger ages, which I think I am gonna try for my little girl, and maybe I will make the band a little loose, so that when she is a little older and can walk around more and play more like these older girls- then I will already have her skirt made! I will update on this when I make one for my little girl too!

Another fun side note- I looked up different "fairy dresses" or "Tutu" for how much they would cost if you bought something like this already made- and the cheapest I saw was around $8, but most were above $20, and maybe I am wrong, but I am almost positive that you could get a good amount of skits made for lots cheaper than that, especially if it is made out of tulle. So yeah for saving money and making something on your own instead of buying someone else's finished products! :)

Thanks April for letting me share your mad skills and giving us fun ideas of our own, I am super excited to try making one for Addie now!

Hope you all have a happy Money Saving Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time!....

1 comment:

Pin It!