Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Shoes

So I am a big fan of looking for cheap used things sold online- whether it be through e-bay, amazon, craigslist, or the school's online bulletin board. I love when I can find things for a great price while still in somewhat good condition, where if I would have bought that item new it might have cost me a leg and foot.

Well long story short, on one of my usual ventures of looking around online, I came across that someone was selling these adorable homemade baby shoes, called "Slipper Toes." When I first saw them, I feel in love and wanted to try making some of my own too...
So here is what I have come up with so far...

My attempt at "Converse" shoes 

My little girl modeling them off...she is really good at kicking them off! :)

Now this was my first attempt, and I think they probably fit my little girl for the day that I made them, oh well, I guess the little tikes gotta grow up :)

Sorry for my slacking in putting up more pictures of  the "how to" make things that I post. But here I turned it wrong side out to give you an idea of how I sewed it.

I started with making the sole of the shoe by making a general measurement of my little girl's foot with giving myself some seam allowance as well. Then I cute out the back heel area and then the front toe area.

Then I sewed the toe front part first to the top part of the sole with right sides facing each other, then adding the back heel area. Before adding them to the sole of the shoe I also hemmed the top edges and then you can turn it right side out.

It was super fun and I am excited to try some more- I will try to remember to take better pictures the next time I make some so it can be a little more clear of how exactly I made these.

Anyway, hope you have a wonderful day!
Until next time!...


1 comment:

  1. http://stardustshoes.blogspot.com/2006/10/cloth-shoe-pattern.html
    this is a great pattern and tutorial for a basic cloth shoe, you can change it up however you like but they stay on really well like robeez because there is elastic around the ankle to hold it on. best part is the pattern is free and scrap fabric is cheap! doesn't take much!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!