Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Home Decor

So it's been a while...almost two months-oops! Well I guess you could say I had a good excuse, having a baby now makes a little hard to find time to type with two free hands, thus the reasons for my delay. But I am slowly but surely getting it down a little better now in figuring out her napping schedule where I can now have more time to do this sort of stuff. So welcome back- I am here to stay!

Well along with having a lovely new girl (which was an adventure of itself!) we also moved to different apartment, the apartment below us. And since it is much larger and is overall a totally different arrangement, I need to add some extra decor to make the place a little more home like.

So I go my random supplies together to hopefully create something new and fun. For this little project I only had to buy Mod Podge and gift bags, that were only a dollar each at the dollar store (yeah for cheap stuff!). Here is the random supplies I gathered:
Lovely gift bags from the dollar store- I cut out the word part and pasted it onto boxes

The left side of the curtain area, showing the random boxes I want to use to decorate, plus the glass bowl decor from our wedding reception

The center of our curtain area, showing two boxes to decorate and our lovely "Love" clock we got from our wedding

And the right side of our curtain area, showing the remaining boxes I wanted to decorate
 And the results....
Here I added a picture of our little girl's foot with "A" for her name, and then a picture of my all time favorite quote: "While in the pursuit of happiness, one should stop and just be happy!" I also added a "thumbs up" figurine I made in college

The center, shown as the finished product. here is where I used the words from the gift bags, and just mod podged them onto the boxes

The finished left side of the decorated boxes. Another picture of our darling little girl and a picture of us when we were engaged with a quote that says: "Marriage is two people dreaming the same dream together." Plus another "thumbs up" figurine that I made back in high school

And lastly: for the overall look of the room! I added small 5x7 pictures in the middle to add a little more to the room!
There is nothing like a little decor that can really add to a room!

Anyway hope you have a great day in your own "home decor-ing" ventures!

Till next time.....

2 comments:

  1. Those are such cute ideas! A year ago Jon and I found some cheap wooden boxes at Hobby Lobby that looked like books, but the "spine" pulled out like a drawer. We mod-podged some scrapbooking paper on them, painted the "pages" gold (so they looked more realistic) and glued them together (they were staggered so they looked like a stack of books) so it was a little stack of drawers. All of the titles had things to do with all of my dad's kids and we gave it to him for his desk. he loved it and it looked awesome (if I do say so myself!) it's amazing what a little mod-podge can do! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!