Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall is Here! Maybe....

I love the fall weather, the changing leaves, that cuddling, the hot chocolate; there is just a fun giddy feeling that fall brings, almost like Christmas (maybe like a Christmas preparation feeling). Although I am feeling slightly disappointed that our beautiful fall weather has not lasted long in that is snowing non-stop, I hope it is not a public announcement that winter is coming sooner than later and I am crossing my fingers it is just a slight cold jester that will still allow nice weather just a little bit longer (although I shouldn't let my hopes up TOO high and just expect the worst).

Speaking of this lovely fall weather, I have put together a few fall decorations. I haven't finished all the ones on my agenda, but I'll share what I have put together so far and depending on my progress of production I will share some more fun fall-ness decor next week or our costumes that are also under construction, either way I am excited to share them!

OK, on to my currently finished fall projects:
 I gathered together some random "fall looking" items, got some hot glue, and created . . . .
 A happy scare crow family!
 I made the bodies from the decorative broom from above, the overalls are scraps from old jeans, and the faces are just paper that I drew faces onto. Then I glued each body to a jar/bottle for support, that was shown above, and the bottles are covered with black material.
 I found this fun "fall print" sort of material, and put it a frame, and it serves as a nice background for our little decorative tree, I will probably change out the material for different seasons, like come Christmas time I will put in something new, so it is an easy changeable decoration!
Using the same fun fall print material as above, I also used it as a background on our family bulletin board, another fun decoration area I can easily and cheaply rotate throughout the different seasons. I also added some fall colored flowers to the green vine on top :)
 Then for only a dollar a vine at the dollar tree, I got these fun fall leave vines and draped them across the top of our large lovely windows (sorry for the contrasting lighting in making it hard to see them)
 Then also at dollar tree I bought a bag of fake leaves, and I have spread them around the house in various places like here on our kitchen table and .. . .
I also used the fake leaves in making this little tree pot thing as a center peice for our dinner table
 Then I had some random material with lovely little pumpkins on them, just the right size to make a table runner, and I scattered some more fall leaves on top Then you might be wondering about the jars? Well I was just gonna explain them to ya, I made them into something extra special!
 I painted the jars orange. . . .
 And then I hammered holes in the top lid, and can you guess what they turned out to be. . . .
 Salt and Pepper shakers!! And then I drew little pumpkins on them, what do you think!? And I have tons more jars where these came from, so I can easily make fun cute salt and pepper shakers for each season as well!
 All set and ready to go!

 Then I saw this cut little pumpkin for only 78 cents at the grocery store, I couldn't resist getting it, and I also couldn't resist putting a cute little bow on it!

Now for some fun pumpkin-ness, keep reading on!!
 I cut out a bunch of "eye" sort of shaped material, for one pumpkin I cut out six total, but I am in the process of making 3 pumpkins, so you do the math how many I ended up with. I also did three shapes of the left material, and 3 shapes of the right material, just to mix things up.
 I sewed them all together, with alternate pattern of the two materials, like so

Then I made green stems. . . .
 And sewed the stems inside the pieces of orange, turned it inside out, stuffed it up with cotton, and . . . .
 finished off the hole with a cute little button, and you have. .. .
 A cute little pumpkin that can sit cute somewhere for extra decoration, or it can also. . . .
Be a fun little toy for an adorable little girl (who was supposed to be in bed!) So far I have made two of these, and I plan on finishing the third, and then this weekend my hubby and I are gonna paint little faces on them, so they will be a cute happy pumpkin family!

So far that's all I got up my sleeve for this weeks free time crafting, to finish off our fall decorations I am gonna make some fun fall couch pillows and a little couch blanket, hopefully I will finish in the next few days to show them off for you next week, other wise I 'll give you a fun little sneak peek at how our costumes are coming along!

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful day (NOT filled with snow like my little town is)! Thanks for stopping by!

Until next week!

1 comment:

  1. SNOW!?! not yet...I'm not ready! These are all super cute crafts! I plan on the pumpkin jar myself next week (with the kids!)...gotta get done with some tests and assignments first. Very festive home!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!