Monday, August 8, 2011

Curtains Part II

Have I mentioned that I like curtains? Well I do, I really do. I just think there is something magical about a room with curtains. OK, maybe not quit to the magical level, but I really like how it makes a room feel more welcome, more cozy, more home like. I also rather enjoy adding curtains in other areas to add a little life or color to the room or even better to hide things. So long story short, even though this wasn't very a long story, here are some curtains I have added to our apartment to add some life. . . .

Remember these ones? These are in my little girls room, and I talked more about how I made them in THIS post.
 Then I needed to do something different about our bedrooms curtains. There were some curtains already present when we moved in, but they were these super ugly ones, and I like it when curtains make the room feel warm and welcoming, not disgusting, so I changed them up a bit, and now they match our bed spread.
 Here is a look with them closed and it is brighter outside than in. I wanted to do white so I could still get some natural lighting without it making it too hot.
 Here is a better view of it when it was dark outside. Since the curtain rod is a goofy one from the old ugly one, and I didn't want to change things up too drastically (or spend too much money), I just safety pinned the material around the rod, so it will be easy to put back together when we move
Then if I want to really let in some natural lighting I can pull the white back and tie it off and then it looks so pretty, doesn't that just feel so welcoming, just by looking at it? Aw. . . . :)
 Then I have our lovely kitchen curtains that I talked more about HERE as well. But I wanted to add a little more to the kitchen, and of course had to still stick with the matchy matchy.
 We have this lovely shelf that we have added because our cupboards are so numerous they are too tiny for most of or at least a lot of our food supply. So we have this lovely get up. But it looks kind of. . . I don't know the word for it, but it just needs some life added to it. If this was tucked away in a cupboard or a pantry away from normal pathway sight I probably wouldn't care, but since it is right in the kitchen I needed something. So I put together some matchy matchy curtains for it
 It is the same material as the window curtains shown above. What do you think?
 And here is another angel look for it. I think it adds a nice little touch to the room, or maybe I am just curtain crazy :)
 Then last but not least, the bathroom. The only window in this room is in the shower so it doesn't really need a cutsie, fun curtain cuz it isn't really seen and it would probably just get wet and ruined. So I decided to make some for the shower. The blank white one was just too plain and boring, so I added the blue and green which matches perfectly with the colors in the bathroom, and if you didn't noticed it is also the same material as the kitchen's curtains. . .yeah for curtains and for matchy matchy. (and all these curtains didn't cost me one extra penny, I just used some extra random scraps and material that I already had, yeah for cheap projects!!)
And then we have our living room. It came with these big long curtains. They are alright, but I sometimes still don't like the old almost ugly look they have. But I do like that they are easy to open, cuz you just pull the string and they slide open on a track. But maybe one of these days I will add something to it, just to give it that much more life. . .we will have to see on this one and you will be sure to hear about it when I do come up with a plan for these.

Anyway, thanks again for stopping by on this lovely Money Saving Monday. I hope you have a great night.

Until next time. . . .

1 comment:

  1. Pretty curtains!! They look really good, Whit! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!