Thursday, February 16, 2012

Granola Bars

This week's yumminess is Granola Bars. In my many moments on, yes, you guessed it, Pintrest, I saw a link to This website for a recipe of the goodness. I couldn't help but try it out and now that I have I don't think I will ever go back to the store bought kind again. Yep, they were that good!

And of course, my usual self had to make my own little adjustments (there are a few recipes I actually follow exactly, I promise ;), so my little input is in purple, or you can follow it exactly, either way I think they are super yummy!

Granola Bars
4&1/2 c rolled oats (regular, not quick)
1 c flour ( I like to use whole wheat flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c butter, melted (I did half butter, half unsweetened applesauce, to make it a little healthier)
1/2 c honey (The first time I didn't do exactly this amount, cuz I ran out, it was probably close to a 1/3 or so, and it still turned out good, and since it worked this way the first time, I kept it up for other times as well, just to hold off on the sweetening)
1/3 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c mini chocolate chips (raisins, craisins, other dried fruit, whatever you like!)
Combine all ingredients but the chocolate chips (or whatever you are putting in). Mix and then add the chocolate chips in and mix again. Press into a greased pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Enjoy!!


**this is a basic recipe. . . if you like other things, try putting them in and make it your own recipe! Nuts, seeds, coconut, peanut butter. . . the options are endless!**
We have tried the many other variations with coconut, almond slivers, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and raisins and they were all great and yummy!!


Here it is pressed and rolled flat into the pan, ready to be cooked!
 And here it is all done and cut up, ready to be eaten. And another fun thing about this, is because we had it in a bag, some of the bars were broken up a little and made really yummy granola cereal!

And last but not least,  a pic of my little princess enjoying the goodness. These have been great little snacks for her as well as us!

That's all! Join me again for a Sun-Up Saturday this week! Have a super day!

1 comment:

Pin It!